Monday, November 2, 2009

My Daily Bread

Yesterday during church while our youth minister was preaching I had a thought. Back in the old testament it talks about how when the children of Israel needed food. God sent them Manna every day. They only needed to gather what they needed for that day except on the Sabbath. I had a "wow" thought. I was like Jesus is our daily bread..we need him every day. His mercy is NEW every morning. We need to renew ourselves in Him each day. We need to hunger after Him. Even if we are in a wilderness or if we are on top of the mountain. Now I am not saying you have to go pray 2 or 3 hours on your knees or read a book of the Bible every day. But just continually lifting up your heart. So he can feed you and renew you...strengthen you. I need, we need him more than anything right now. Times are getting so hard. We will need him to lean on, to draw strength. He is our resevior...Oh Lord give me more and more!

No comments: