Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My Answer is No

I told Thad ( the one who asked me to prom) No. I felt pressured for an answer and I started to feel uncomfortable especially when he asked me to go to the movies with him last weekend. I had to do a lot of thinking and the Lord brought that verse to mind "Do not be unequally yoked" Even if I had just went to see a movie with him I would be letting down my guard and I would be allowing a foothold for the enemy. I would also be letting down my brothers and sisters on my No Dating, Just Waiting group. I am still super excited about prom even though I'll probaly going alone like most of my best friends. I could ask my cousin Matthew. I went as his prom date last year. It was really fun too. The Lord will be strenght, He is the one who gave me strength to say No. Thank you my dear, Sweet Jesus. :)

3 comments:

godlyrose said...

Good for you! Not always easy to do what is right, but it is always the most rewarding.

Tiffany said...

It surely is hard but the Lord always gives strength!

RachaelLeigh said...

Wow, even though i don't know you, i'm proud of you=) My standards sound the same as yours, and though i haven't been put in that position yet, i bet it was hard. Good job=)